Friday 25 February 2011

Ingestre stables
Cath at Ingestre Church
Friday 35th February
Things are finally starting to move forward. The dryer once again failed, but it's an ill wind that blows nobody good. While trying to fix it I left the top of the machine off when it started to spin and there was the source of the terrible noise it had been making. I had thought that some stabiliser had come adrift underneath, but couldn't see anything obviously wrong when I looked, so had been putting up with racket for a while. From the top the cause was easily seen, one of the weights around the drum was loose so I packed the holding bolts with large washers and hey presto a quiet machine again. The dryer heater had once again given up the ghost, so a new one was ordered and fitted and once more the thing works as it should (this is the third replacement heater in 5 years).
On the heating front I managed to finally get the unit working as I wanted it to. Part of the trouble had been a wire in the wrong place on the connector, it seems I can't count properly. Once that was discovered and I had wired in the motorised valve the boat and water heating now work as intended.
Today I scraped a lot of rust off the back deck and applied some rust converter so we'll see how that works.
The other day we took the opportunity of a bit of nice weather to explore a local gem. The village of Engestre is at the end of a cul de sac lane and looks very select. It has two places of interest, a very pretty church (which we couldnt see inside because it's only open on Saturday afternoons) and an old stable block which is still in use. Picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob