Tuesday 15th February
Its 's been a while since the last post and things are moving on. Lyra finally came out of the water for blacking and while that was going on a new prop was fitted and some slack taken out of the rudder bottom bearing. While this was being done we had decided to go to Leeds and visit our grandson. Things didn't go quite to plan though, the boatyard didn't manage to get started with the blacking until Wednesday which put the whole thing back several days. We should have been back on board on Thursday night but as it was we ended up spending a week in Leeds because Lyra wasn't re-floated until Monday.
The weather didn't seem too bad as I set out from the slipway to return to our mooring, but suddenly the heavens opened, the wind whipped up and it started to hail with a vengeance. As I tried to manoeuvre to reverse into our slot the wind caught me and I couldn't keep her straight at all. I ended up having to nose into the mooring, a great failure. I'll turn us around when the weather improves.
Once again I've made repairs to our clothes dryer, fingers crossed, and while in Leeds I managed to source a proper switch for our land line selection and I'm in the process of installing it now.