Sunday, 16 May 2010

I'm replacing one of the several wooden boxes which I made to increase the outside storage. In the past I've varnished these as I thought that was the best way of keeping them looking nice but my experience has not born this out. Even when I've varnished the individual pieces before assembly the finish hasn't lasted. The final straw was the 'A' frame I made from oak and maple for the cratch cover. After one winter it was looking terrible and I had used what I thought to be good quality varnish, many coats, rubbed down. So from now on it's paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.