Tuesday 25 January 2011

The new fan motor for the dryer turned up and we are back in the laundry department.
The catalogue of failures seems to continue.
Our water pump started to give signs of failure the other day. Some adjustment improved the performance but it was short lived so I decided to replace it. A trip to the local chandlers produced a Jabsco pump which will replace it quite adequately. Of course it's a different shape and requires modification to the space where it fits. At first I thought that I wouldn't be able to get the drawer which goes under the step back into its place, but a bit of jigging around and it's now in place.
Cath finally pushed me into starting to replace the broken tiles on the kitchen floor and all that remains now is to grout them.
I have wired in the water heating thermostat on the new central heating and after a bit of a fight I at last managed to programme the thing, I think.
Cath spent the day making Seville orange marmalade and I can't wait to sample it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob