Thursday 15 December 2011

Thursday 15th December
Despite the best efforts of the weather man predicting really foul weather, this week hasn't been too bad.
I managed to get the items needed for the work inside the boat and I've started making draw retainers. As I mentioned before, when the boat heels over badly either due to the wind, or hitting an underwater bank, the heavy pan draws can fly open. I've now designed a lock for them and am in the middle of making said items.
The other thing I bought was some solid oak floor boards to make some better steps up from the saloon to the well deck. They don't quite match the maple which was used for the rest of the woodwork in the boat, but I couldn't get any of that.
Yesterday we went to the cinema to see Hugo. It's a great film and we can recommend it for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob