Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tuesday 15th January 2013
The weather continues to get cooler, the forecast is promising -3 tonight so now is not the time for the heating to give trouble.
Damon rang yesterday with the news that their central heating unit had done just that. It certainly looks like troubles come in threes. That's the washing machine, tumble drier, and now the heating have all packed within a few days of each other. Luckily he managed to get a service engineer out quickly and a faulty air elimination valve was diagnosed and replaced, and with the system refilled heat is once again available.
This morning he came around to pick us up and we had a busy morning checking out replacement laundry machines. We settled on a Bosch washer and a White Knight drier as the replacements. Later we did a bit of shopping, and then removed the old machines from their kitchen ready for collection. I also managed to give Cath the slip long enough to order a birthday cake for this weekend's celebration of her 60th.
Last night I got a phone call from my cousin Gail with the news that Terry and Carl wouldn't be able to make it for Saturday's party, but to balance that my brother called just after that to say he would be bringing both his kids Ella and Zack. That was a pleasant surprise as we haven't seen them for a long time. Zack is especially difficult to pin down as he lives and works in London.
On the subject of brothers, Dave, one of my siblings living in Canada has just started learning to fly gyro-copters. I expect he will enjoy it, I miss flying myself, but have many happy memories of the times I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob