Tuesday 28 September 2010


The Staffs & Worcs cut through lovely red sandstone

Tuesday 28th September

The day dawned dull but at least warmer, and not raining. The forecast is for heavy rain tomorrow so we headed to Stourport, 14 lock/miles away.

The same lock gear is found here as on the Stourbridge Canal, light, and easy to use. The locks are quite deep, usually around 9 – 10 ft, but with the decent paddle gear they fill quite quickly. Also here I've found they also use the split bridges we first came across on the Stratford on Avon Canal. I thought they were unique to that canal, but seems I was wrong.

On the way we stopped at a supermarket in Kidderminster. There you are spoiled for choice, two big stores, both with good moorings right outside.

We've moored up now, outside the main town and I've done an engine oil change and filled with fuel from my stock of drums. Only one left now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob