Friday 22 July 2011

A good view of a T&M tandem lock

The Macclesfield Canal crosses the T&M Canal at Kidsgrove

Friday 22nd July
We completed our climb to the summit level in reasonable weather today. At the top The Macclesfield Canal takes a sharp right turn from the Trent & Mersey and then doubles back on itself to cross the T & M on a aqueduct. The local town is Kidsgrove and I took a short walk to the local Tesco to do some provisioning. While there I found that they stock the Kindle e reader and Cath and I have been talking about getting them for some time now. I couldn't help myself, and forked out the neccessary price. When I got them home we had a steep learning curve to get to know how to obtain books. Once mastered it's easy and hopefully we will not have book space problems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob