Monday 11 April 2011

Monday 11th April

Continuing along the Ashby this morning the weather remained fine if a little cooler. The rural setting of the canal is only slightly marred by the emerging fields of oil seed rape. The slight show of yellow heralding the horrible heavy stench of oil. It's a shame because I like the bright yellow patches which cover quite a bit of our countryside in May.

There is still a lot of blackthorn flower about, but it is starting to fall and the water is covered in places where the wind has carried off. Soon we will have the hawthorn blossom, one of my favourite sights.

We ran for about 3 hours this morning before mooring up at Hinckley. This is a good sized town and I have checked that a local washing machine spares stockist carries the part we need to make good our washing machine. A mile and a half walk into town and I had the part in my custody. Returning to the boat it didn't take long to fit it and we are now back in the laundry business. We'll stay here tonight and move on tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob