Tuesday 3 April 2012

Tuesday 3rd April 2012
We were going to stay put in Silsden for today because the weather forecast was for rain all day. That changed when the forecast for tomorrow changed to absolutely foul! It's now supposed to be very windy, with gusts up to 44 mph, so we decided that today was the lesser of two evils. Our two boats set off a bit late, about 10.00 o'clock, and I climbed on my trusty bike and peddled off to operate the swing bridges. I ended up cycling most of the way from Silsden to Skipton, with only one stretch of riding the boat for about a mile. On the way I managed to lose one of our BW keys which must have fallen from my pocket as I peddled.
This stretch of canal is very picturesque but it was far too wet and dank to get pictures, so there aren't any this time.
We have managed to get a good mooring and will definitely stay here tomorrow. We like Skipton, there's good provisioning here, I managed to replace the lost key at a chandlery, and Cath wants to have a look at wool shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob