Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Wednesday 25th April 2012
Despite the weather forecast we decided to move a bit today. Last night I found out that the boat yard we passed yesterday,(just the other side of the bridge from where we moored) sold Diesel at a reasonable price. This meant reversing through the bridge and around the corner in the wind this morning. I may have mentioned before that these boats do not reverse very well, specially in windy conditions. Steering going backwards is almost non-existent so it was some with some trepidation that we set off. 
It didn't go too badly considering the wind, and the fact that we had to reverse into their yard as well. This is a very friendly little yard run by Canal Boat Cruises. I can heartily recommend them if you need fuel. A lot of boatyards I feel tend to overprice fuel because we are a captive market, but here the price seem fair.
Having taken our fill we set off once again. It was threatening rain with spots coming occasionally and we decided to continue as far as Johnson's Hill Locks as long as it didn't really pour down.
The worst of the rain did hold off and we are now tied up at the top of the locks. I took a wander into the little village to find the local shop where I got some more eggs.The rain has started in earnest now so that's it for the day. 
this is our mooring tonight.,-95.677068&sspn=37.735377,86.572266&t=h&hnear=Wheelton,+Lancashire,+United+Kingdom&z=17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.