Thursday 27 June 2013

Thursday 27th June 2013
Yippee! There is the sound of a purring engine throughout the boat!
This morning RCR said that the starter had been repaired and they would get someone to fit it as soon as an engineer became available.
About 1.30, knock, knock on the boat, and there they were. Less than a hour later, turn the key and away it goes.
We also had another stroke of luck with the generator this morning. I've been wondering what to do with this expensive, big and heavy object. I started it up this morning, and it settled into its stride ok while I ducked into Sainsbury's to get something for lunch. I'd only been gone 30 seconds when Cath rang to say that it had suddenly started to race, and that the electric had dropped out.
After looking around it, I tried to start it again, but it wouldn't go. I then thought I'd give it chance to cool down before trying it again.
After about 20 minutes I finally persuaded it to start, but there was no output, and no lights on it. I rang the service department who diagnosed inverter failure.
So, what does one do with a generator that has failed after only 4 uses, and that you no longer need anyway? You take it back and get your money back, result.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear you had a bit of GOOD luck for a change! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob