Tuesday 25 June 2013

Tuesday 25th June 2013
We're still sitting tight in Nottingham awaiting news of a new or repaired starter motor.
 On Monday we took another walk to the railway station and caught a tram up to the arboretum for a wander around. Being 'in town' I suppose it's small of necessity, but still it's a pretty place for a look around.
 The bandstand receiving some attention
 Are these guns to defend the arboretum?
 Lovely carving on a tree trunk
The lake
Later we went back into town for small spot of retail therapy.
 The Town Hall, Nottingham
Old Market Square, Nottingham
Back at the boat there is still no news of a repaired or new starter so I rang RCR. it seems that the repairer reckons that the motor is beyond economical repair, so they are now trying to source a new one.
In the afternoon we once again became "the neighbors from hell" as I ran our genny to do a wash and charge the batteries. Luckily, as it happens, we don't have any near neighbors, so I don't feel so bad.
This morning I looked around to see if I could find a hand car wash place because they are usually glad to get rid of any old chemical drums, and I find them great for both fuel and water. If we stay here much longer water will become a bit of a problem so I need something to fetch it in.
We're in luck, there's one not far away and I snaffle a couple of drums, they will need a lot of cleaning out, but at least I can now go up to the Sainsbury's garage and replenish our water tank, so showering and laundry can continue.
The latest news on the starter is that Vetus want over £700 for a new motor! Of course that's out to lunch, I really don't know how they justify that price. I'm sure we can do much better than that, but it may take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob