Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Tuesday 10th July 2012
Once again with the weather forecast showing dire warnings of heavy rain we decided to do a short day and if the predictions turned out wrong we could continue on to the end of the line.
As we travelled the continual light rain increased and we decided to stop on a good looking mooring outside a Tesco supermarket, shop, and then see if the rain would let up.
It didn't, so we sat tight. A look at the next few day's weather gave us to rethink our plans. Tomorrow still looks wet, but it's due to get worse after that so we are now going to head straight back into Birmingham. This will take two long (for us) days of travel, down the Daw End Canal, The Rushall Canal, The Tame Valley Canal, and finally onto The Walsall Canal. It's a case of get the wet gear on and just travel. We both wanted to stop at Chasewater but in this weather we don't feel it would be worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.