Tuesday 27 August 2013

Weybridge again

Tuesday 27th August 2013
This morning was a real sign that summer was drawing to a close. One of those misty, damp mornings, that make for atmospheric pictures
We were soon on our way. It wasn't too cold, but definitely jumper weather.
At Newark Lock Cath jumped off and started winding.

These are the gate paddles which make these locks both fast and fierce. The paddle raises fully, and, as can be seen they are not baffled at all.

Once we arrived back at Weybridge I went into town with the camera.
I spotted this one last time we were here, but didn't get a reasonable picture, this time I think I caught it. I love the name, it just works.

The parish church of St. Nicholas is quite pretty, both outside,

and in.

This evening we went out to a bistro. Sullivan's, it's not far from our mooring, and the food was very good. Simple stuff, but properly cooked, and didn't come from a 3663 van. Of course I loved it, the puddings are huge.
Back on the boat we've had a coffee and will soon retire to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob