Sunday, 29 June 2014

Back to Keadby

Sunday 29th June 2014
After lovely meal out at The Hume Arms with John and Sarah last night (see photo) it was time to face the river again. The lockie at Torksey had told us that between 10 and 10.30 would be right to set off for Keadby. We had said to ourselves that if the weather was a bit s**t we probably wouldn't go, but we need to get back to Leeds to try and rescue the house purchase, or start looking for another.
The sky was looking leaden, so I decided to put the wet gear on just in case. Good decision! We hadn't been long out on the river when the rain started. It continued to shower on and off for the rest of our run down.
For the first few miles we were pushing the incoming tide, but this changed and from just before Gainsborough the flow started to move with us. By the time we were passing West Stockwith we seemed to be flying, with between 7 and 8 MPH on the speed readout from my phone.

After 4 3/4 hours we pulled into Keadby Lock and have tied up on the visitor mooring here for the night.
The weather has cleared up a little, so we hope that tomorrow will be an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.