Wednesday 27 June 2012

Wednesday 27th June 2012
A fine day today, we chugged up two more locks to Fradley where we took on water and dumped a can. The water point here is very slow, so while we waited we decided to call in at the cafe for a morning treat. Cath had a Corneto and being the greedy sod that I am I had an ice cream sunday.
When the tank was finally full we set off up the one remaining lock to the junction and turned left onto The Coventry Canal.
At Streethay Wharf we stopped for fuel, taking on nearly 270 ltrs, which should see us for another month, hopefully more. After that we continued as far as Whittington, a small village near Lichfield. I ambled into the village get a few essentials and an MCN. On the way back I had a good chat with a chap who single hands a 70 foot boat. He tells me that he used to have a working pair on The Grand Union before he retired.
The weather has been improving throughout the day and it's now bright sunshine and lovely and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob