Thursday 9 August 2012

Thursday 9th August 2012
A good day out. After a lazy start this morning we wandered up to catch a bus into town.
Cath, of course, wanted to raid John Lewis, but unfortunately they didn't have anything matching what she wanted. So after consoling herself with a cup of coffee in their cafe we strolled off for a look around the area. All we ended up buying were a couple of magazines and I bought a belt pouch for my smart phone.
Lunch was taken in Pizza Express, a favourite of ours, then we went to the market to get some salad stuff for this evening's meal before catching the bus back to the park.
On a side note, I was approached this morning by the owner of the boat which had pulled up in front of us last night. The cheeky sod wanted to know how long we'd been moored here! (it's a 48 hour mooring) Later I noticed he was running a gift shop from his boat and reckon that he thought I had a better bit of mooring for trade than he had and was trying to intimidate me into leaving. Unfortunately for him we aren't overstaying. I'm a bit of a slow thinker, and naturally polite or I should have told him to mind his own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob