Sunday 24 October 2010


Sunday 24th October

A frosty morning, we set off under a clear sky to cover the short distance to Wedgwood. The canal was fairly busy today and we had to wait to take our turn at all the locks. In the sunshine it felt quite warm, there was only a hint of breeze to take the heat away if you were in shade.

After two days moored up the batteries need a bit of charging and with only a short distance today we must run the engine while stationary.

Checking the fuel I transferred all but one of our spare cans into the fuel tank, I could get the last one in but it is in an awkward position in the engine bay and I can't get at it while the engine is running so I'll leave it for another day.

A little while ago I bought another hook for our cratch cover, along with what I hoped to be reasonable quality self tapping screws. I've just had a go at fitting it and to my disgust the screws are worse than the ones I had before, absolute chocolate! Back to the drawing board, maybe it will have to be pop riveted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob