Wednesday 27 October 2010

Wednesday 27th October

Yesterday was a good day not to be moving! Monday night we had a good meal in The Star, and wandering back to the boat we could feel that the weather was on the change. When I woke up in the night the rain was pounding on our roof, a lovely noise if you're not planning on going out in it.

Morning light showed a dull and dreary day under leaden skies, so our decision to spend the day here anyway was re-enforced. I took a walk over to the supermarket to top up our wine supplies but that was it until the rain let up mid afternoon. I then had a go at tightening our 230 volt generator belt which had started to squeal under load. I wasn't happy with the result of my attempt as the belt still didn't feel tight enough, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get any more on it.

This morning showed that I was right to be concerned as the belt was no better. We suffered throughout the day with a much reduced power output so tomorrow morning I'll put a new belt on it and that should cure the problem.

We travelled down from Stone to Great Haywood today and then turned onto the Staffs & Worcs so that we could spend the night on Tixall Wide, a really pretty spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob