Tuesday 8 May 2012

Tuesday May 7th 2012
We spent Monday moored up at Burscough doing some serious provisioning for our trip into Liverpool. In the evening we treated ourselves to a meal out at 'The Blue Mallard' a fine little restaurant on Burscough Wharf, which I believe is owned by the chef . I ordered pork belly on a black pudding and cheese rosti, it was excellent. Cath had sea bass and was also suitably impressed.
This morning we set off towards Liverpool hoping to get about half way to bridge 9 where the BW staff will meet us at 9.00 o'clock on Friday morning to unlock the swing bridge and brief us on the trip in. The weather forecast for Thursday is pretty poor so our intention is to arrive at the bridge tomorrow and sit out the promised rain.
By the way I've been meaning to comment on the 3 dongle I bought in Leeds. So far I am mightily impressed with it. The speed is better than I ever got from Orange, and we have now done almost the full length of the Leeds & Liverpool canal and not once has it let us down, while my orange phone has been out of signal several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, but due to spam I've had to enable verification to prove you're not a machine.
Bob